Composite Design Principles - Part 1
This course aims to increase your capability in the design of composites. The design methodology and software modules will be covered.
You will benefit from Sabancı University’s industrial links and research strengths and you will have access to the labs and facilities in SU IMC.
The course consists of theoretical components as well as applications. Teaching is provided through lectures, exercise classes, and laboratory work.
You will study to gain a thorough and detailed understanding of the principles and techniques of composite design.
- Understanding the requirements for composite design and link to manufacture constraints
- Key material considerations including resin, fiber and selection criteria
- Analysis and Macro-mechanics of a Laminate
- Finite Element Modelling
- Static Analysis of Composite Structures
- Awareness of key manufacturing process considerations such as scale, rate and cost
- Available software and capabilities
This course will help you to understand the requirements for composite design upto manufacture and the key processes.
This course can provide you with a strong foundation for moving into a relevant industry, improve your employability, or be the basis for further study through the pursuit of a career in research.