SU¦IMC Innovation Centers
Composite Technologies Center of Excellence (CTCE)
- CTCE was established with the collaboration of Kordsa and Sabancı University as one of the most important research and technology development centers globally in composite materials.
- Producing thermoset prepregs, fabrics, and sandwich panels for the aviation, automotive, energy, sports equipment and medical industries, Kordsa boasts a wider product range and more flexible production capabilities thanks to the strength it gains from weaving its own fabric.
- CTCE develops innovative and unique intermediate products and applications in composite technologies for a variety of industries, notably aviation and automotive as well as sports equipment, wind turbines and marine.
- CTCE combines industry and academia under the same roof. Researchers, designers, engineers, PhD students, postdoctoral fellows, faculty members and entrepreneurs will co-exist in this ecosystem and get benefit from the interaction.
- Serves stakeholders by creating solutions depending on the customer's requirements,
- Covers all stages of the product development cycle including R&D, prototyping, commercialization and mass production.
Digital Advanced Manufacturing Innovation Center (DMIC)
DMIC was established with the collaboration of TWI Ltd and Sabanci University IMC.
It aims to engage with the wider innovation community to develop a research portfolio, comprising new collaborative projects that will deepen digital manufacturing technologies and result in novel products, systems and services.
Advanced composites and related materials,
Additive manufacturing of metals and composites,
Manufacturing of prototype parts as certified, functional parts.
High value-added integrated production technologies,
Process and product development.
Research and development focus on;