Fiber Reinforced Polymer Composite Design and Analysis:
Advanced Materials for Aerospace Applications, Thermomechanical Stress and Fracture Analysis:
- Functionally graded materials (FGMS): metal to ceramic graded bulk materials,
- Polymeric graded materials (PGMs): parametric analysis of inclined edge cracks with J-integral, and computational methods with ANSYS APDL 2D and 3D woven composite materials,
- Composite sample production with vacuum assisted resin transfer molding (VARTM),
- Voxel (single-part) and geometric (multi-part) FEA modelling of 3D woven composite unit cells,
- Graphene integration in resin systems.
Applied Mechanics, Design, Analysis and Optimization:
- Computational Mechanics (CAD/CAM/CAE/CIM/PLM), Continuum-Solid Mechanics, Finite Element Analysis, Crashworthiness, Airworthiness,
- Simulation-Based Engineering Science, Structural Impact, Crashworthiness, Automotive Regulations (UNECER, FMVSS-Type Certification),
- Structural Design Optimization, Elasticity-Plasticity, Aviation Regulations (EASA, FAA-Type Certification), Multi-Objective/Disciplinary Optimization,
- Experimental Mechanics, Topology Optimization, Contact Mechanics, Validation & Verification, Meshfree-Meshless Methods ,
- Fracture - Failure Mechanics, Lightweight Vehicle - Automobile Design, Penetration Mechanics, Train-Railway Crashworthiness,
- Terminal Ballistics, Blast-Explosion Protection, Roadside Hardware Design and Evaluation, Ductility-Metal Forming, High Speed Stereoscopic Photography,
- Plastics/Ceramics, Digital Image Processing & Correlation, Biomechanics, Composite-Hybrid Materials, Digital Photogrammetry,
- Multi-body Dynamics, Survivability-Vulnerability-Lethality, Isogeometric Analysis, Multi-scale Modeling, Modeling Anthropomorphic Test Devices
Polymer synthesis, characterization and structure-property relationships, polyurethane chemistry, surface coatings, adhesives, structural composites, polymeric nanocomposites, carbon nanomaterials, carbon nanotubes, materials for energy storage and conversion.
Graphene and Nanocomposites:
Graphene, nanocomposites, self-healing polymers, hybrid nanomaterial production, electrospinning, development of compounds, design of electodes for energy storage devices
- Preparation and structure-property relationship of functional/water-soluble/high performance polymers,
- Preparation and application of nano-engineered prepregs and composite materials with the utilization of novel resins and nanomaterials,
- Out-of-autoclave (OOA) manufacturing of composite materials,
- Preparation and utilization of new catalysts and catalyst systems for composite materials,
- Development of novel nanomedicines (advanced drug delivery systems, targeted drug delivery, nanodiagnostics, and nanotheranostics),
Computational geometry and optimization for additive manufacturing process; heterogenous, multi-functional object modeling and manufacturing; proses planning and development for hybrid additive-subtractive processes; nano-micro additive manufacturing of composite materials.
Machining and Multi-Axis Manufacturing:
- Modelling of machining operations, machine tool dynamics, virtual machining, 5-axis programming, robotic machining, vibration control and modelling of abrasive waterjet cutting (AWJ).
- Geometry, Mechanics, Simulation and Optimization of multi-axis manufacturing processes. Machine tool dynamics, modeling of metal cutting Dynamics. Portable manufacturing, use of industrial robots in manufacturing processes. Integration/interfacing of process models with CAD/CAM systems. Programming of AFP Robots.